|Friends of the National World War II Memorial
1ST ANNUAL TEACHERS CONFERENCE
Wednesday, July 20-Friday, July 22, 2016
8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M. Daily
Women in Military Service to America Memorial
All educators are invited to apply to attend the Friends’ first annual Teachers Conference being held fromJuly 20-22 at the Women in Military Service to America Memorial (WIMSA) from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. each day
Teachers from the DC/MD/VA area have been invited to attend the conference. This year, we are also opening up the conference to National Park Service (NPS) Volunteers, as well as NPS Rangers and Washington, DC tour guides.
Next month’s conference will feature six presentations by WWII veterans, educators, and other experts in the area of WWII history, three tours of sites of WWII significance, and a remembrance ceremony at the WWII Memorial.
- WWII Veterans Discussion Panel moderated by Mike Hydeck of WUSA9
- Military and Naval Leaders of the Second World War
- Japanese American Experience During WWII
- Understanding Sacrifice
- National Park Service WWII Parks and Resources
- ABMC/NPS WWII Memorial App Demonstration
- National Museum of the Marine Corps
- Arlington National Cemetery
- World War II Memorial Tour led by Volunteer Dan Arant
- Remembrance Ceremony with the 12th Armored Division Association
Please note: There is no cost to participate in the conference. Participants will have access to free parking daily at Arlington National Cemetery. Breakfast and lunch will be provided each day. Transportation between WIMSA and tour sites will be provided by Friends.
If you are interested in taking part in this three-day conference, please complete the application found here. Please return the form by June 30th to email@example.com or fax to 202.675.2018.
I hope you will consider joining Friends as we expand our efforts to honor and preserve the national memory of WWII.
The Friends of the National World War II Memorial’s education programs are generously supported by the
Jack C. Taylor / Enterprise Rent-A-Car WWII Memorial Education Endowment.