We are so excited to kick off the 2019 season in a few short months. You can see the ever changing schedule now on our 2019 schedule page – https://honorflightdca.com/schedule/
Check back for updates; new and changed flights, updated GAP passes, and fun Honor Flight activities throughout the year. New information arrives weekly!
An additional feature we are proud to present in an ongoing list of all Memorial greeting opportunities. While this website’s purpose is to share DCA arrivals and schedules, many hubs fly in and out of neighboring airports (BWI and IAD). In order to best serve our veterans and recruit the most volunteers, we’ve added a special link to the Memorial page which will list out all Honor Flight scheduled visits to WWII, Korea, and Vietnam. This includes DCA, BWI, and IAD arriving hubs. This report will be produced weekly and cover the following 14 calendar days.
As always, this information is subject to change and modification without notice. Airline delays, downtown activities, and a constantly evolving schedules mean our hubs (and volunteers) must be flexible. We hope you find this report valuable and another opportunity to greet all our veterans in downtown DC!
The DCA airport (National) is undergoing some serious construction as part of a $163.5 million, two year project. We want to make sure all our volunteers leave plenty of time to navigate the temporary paths, parking, and walkways so no one misses greeting a vet!
Please allow extra time in your journey through DCA. Things we’ve noticed:
- Garage spaces limited/closed
- Very heavy traffic and lane closures
- Construction around new security area
- Upper level for staging buses for pick up and drop off
- feel free to comment below if you have tips to share with fellow volunteers!
Subscribe to DCA for regular updates.
Honor Flight community, we celebrate the life of Pearl Harbor survivor Jim Downing, who passed on Friday, February 16th. Many of our volunteers were able to meet and greet Jim when he visited DC and the WWII Memorial last year. You can read more about Jim’s extraordinary life below. We honor his life and service.
December 9, Saturday
- GROUP: annual Snowball Express, a program which sends children of fallen soldiers to Dallas, TX for a long weekend. This program honors their families as well as gives kids the opportunity to disconnect and have fun. The theme this year is Disney’s “Frozen”
- NOTE this is not an official Honor Flight, but opportunity to honor those affected by war and their families.
- DEPARTURE: 8:50am, American Airlines (Terminal C)
The next Guardian Training will be on July 6th, 6:30pm at the Westover Branch of the Arlington Public Library at 1644 N McKinley Rd, Arlington, VA 22205.
To register for this training, please sign-up here